On this episode of The Femtrepreneur Show we’re joined by Sarah Morgan, blogger and online course creator at xoSarah.com. We discuss how to make your transition from client work to course creation as easy as possible, the true reality of running multiple online courses, outsourcing, niches, and creating courses on a level system.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Introducing Sarah Morgan (2:20)
- How Sarah transitioned from client work to generating passive income (6:15)
- Sarah’s products and income streams (8:50)
- Why everyone wants to create an e-book (12:20)
- Should I simplify my courses? (15:00)
- Topic-based courses vs step-by-step classes (17:37)
- The evolution of a course: Badass Babes and beyond (23:20)
- Why having a simplified course load is better than the “launch high” (32:20)
- Emotional connection and sunk cost (35:48)
- Why outsourcing can be tricky (37:05)
- Sarah’s predictions for the future (43:45)
- Benefits of tiered courses and Facebook groups (45:20)
- Staying loyal to your niche (50:40)
- What’s next for Sarah Morgan? (56:30)
If you want to see the unedited video version of these recordings, head over to thefemshow.com/youtube to see the raw video footage of each episode.
Quotes Worth Sharing!:
“I felt anxiety unpublishing my courses. But then you do it and you’re like, ‘Oh, okay, that feels good! Now I don’t have to deal with that. One less thing to promote’”- Sarah
“Even if you think you have the perfect puzzle, pieces will change as time goes on” - Megan
“To become an expert at something you need to train for 10,000 hours. You can’t take a course and now you’re an expert. It doesn’t work like that” - Sarah
“Stick with those weird-ass niches. That’s where the money is” - Mariah
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
- Check out Sarah Morgan’s FREE course on launching your blog the right way, Dare to Blog.
- Read Sarah’s post on unique creators, “6 Bloggers rocking unique niches & how you can grow an audience in a small niche too”
- For Sarah’s courses, ebooks, and blog visit her at: xoSarah.com
- Looking for Sarah on social media? Follow @xosarahmorgan on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the Femtrepreneur Show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. It might seem small, but reviews make a big impact and help us get more amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best strategies and tools for free each week!
- If you want to discuss this episode with us and a whole community of awesome ambitious entrepreneurs, make sure to join our free Facebook group!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag, #thefemshow
- More of a visual person? Want to see what we look like? Every episode of The Fem Show can be found on our YouTube channel.
- Have a question you want answered on The Fem Show? Submit your questions for us here!
More from Mariah:
More from Megan: