Today’s guest is Ankur Nagpal, founder of Teachable.com, a course hosting and creation platform that we’ve loved and used for all of our recent courses.
We discuss the insights Ankur has gathered from his position beside the scenes of running and selling thousands of courses on Teachable, metrics and data you can use to measure the success of your course, and his predictions for the future of course creation.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Introducing Ankur Nagpal (1:05)
- The origins of Teachable (4:00)
- How do you market your first launch? Top tips and mistakes to avoid (10:50)
- What makes a course successful? (17:15)
- Pricing your course for a targeted audience (21:45)
- Course completion rates: Are they something to worry about? (25:20)
- The gimmick of gamifying your course (28:25)
- Ankur’s favorite weird courses on Teachable and embracing your niche (32:35)
- Leaderboards and transparency on Teachable (36:35)
- Ankur’s challenges and goals for Teachable (38:30)
- Predictions for the future of course creation (41:40)
- What’s next for Teachable? (49:05)
If you want to see the unedited video version of these recordings, head over to thefemshow.com/youtube to see the raw video footage of each episode.
Quotes Worth Sharing!:
CLICK TO TWEET
CLICK TO TWEET
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the Femtrepreneur Show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. It might seem small, but reviews make a big impact and help us get more amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best strategies and tools for free each week!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag, #thefemshow
- More of a visual person? Want to see what we look like? Every episode of The Fem Show can be found on our YouTube channel! Click here to view those now!
- Have a question you want answered on The Fem Show? Submit your questions for us here!
More from Mariah:
- Build a Profitable Blog
- Your First 1K
- Webinar Rockstar
- Launch Your Signature Course