In this episode, we’re joined by Abby and Donnie Lawson, owners of justagirlandherblog.com, to discuss how they transformed a small personal blog into a full-fledged business, complete with ebooks, webinars, and online courses.
We talk about their best marketing strategies for attracting the right audience, how to launch for the first time, dividing up responsibilities and getting organized, and how to decide which topics become ebooks and which topics become courses.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Introducing Abby and Donnie Lawson (1:25)
- Making the leap to blogging full-time (4:30)
- Printables, emails, and coaching: How Abby and Donnie doubled their income in a month (6:50)
- Managing multiple income streams (8:40)
- Launching Book Boss (12:35)
- Pre-sales and increasing price points (20:00)
- What to do when your first course has 500 students (22:55)
- Attracting the right audience (25:20)
- Best marketing strategy: Webinars (28:55)
- Advice for launching your first course (32:30)
- Setting a date for your launch (36:45)
- Is this idea a course or an ebook? (37:35)
- Tips for writing an ebook (42:30)
- Abby and Donnie’s struggles (49:00)
- Predictions for the future (51:20)
If you want to see the unedited video version of these recordings, head over to thefemshow.com/youtube to see the raw video footage of each episode.
Quotes Worth Sharing!:
CLICK TO TWEET
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
- Abby and Donnie have a free course just for The Fem Show listeners! Sign up for their Build Your Launch List course by visiting http://justagirlandherblog.com/thefemshow
- Check out Abby’s ebook, Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook: http://justagirlandherblog.com/framework
- Interested in the popular Book Boss course? Visit http://courses.buildingaframework.com/ to sign up
- Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Method to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy...Create a Mass of Raving Fans...and Take Any Business to the Next Level by Ryan Levesque
- We’re updating our popular Launch Your Signature Course workshop! Sign up to be the first to know when it launches: http://www.launchyoursignaturecourse.com/
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the Femtrepreneur Show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. It might seem small, but reviews make a big impact and help us get more amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best strategies and tools for free each week!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag, #thefemshow
- More of a visual person? Want to see what we look like? Every episode of The Fem Show can be found on our YouTube channel! Click here to view those now!
- Have a question you want answered on The Fem Show? Submit your questions for us here!