Well, it's not every day two badass babes get together on the Internet and broadcast their weirdnesses I mean SUPER HELPFUL ADVICE AND ANSWERS TO ALL THE QUESTIONS OF THE UNIVERSE live.
But yesterday was awesome, Sarah Morgan and I had a freaking blast talking to everyone and answering questions and doling out smart sounding sound bites.
Ever wondered what our faces look like moving or what we sound like?
Mariah talks about how to combine your WEIRDNESSES and find your niche.
Sarah explains why we both use bad words all the time (contrary to popular belief, you really don't want everyone to like you and your blog!)
Mariah get's overly passionate (could be mistaken for anger) about creating and promoting YOUR products and not the products of other companies.
Sarah explains why the cart escalator at Target is so scary and what to do about it (hehe).
....and much more!
WHAT WE COVERED IN DETAIL:
1. The principles of designing a blog that converts, and the 3 things that are turning your readers off right now.
2. The quickest way to build your email list (this is the one simple tactic I used to go from 0-2000 email subscribers in less than 3 months).
3. How to create content your readers will love to share (long form blog posts, breaking content up with headings, knowing your ideal reader, using high-quality photos)
4. How to turn your blog into a business with your own products (everything about creating, selling, launching, and promoting your eBooks and courses).
5. How to use your personality to attract your ideal customers
LINKS, TOOLS AND RESOURCES FROM THE BROADCAST:
I use SumoMe for social sharing buttons on my site, which has helped me grow my blog with pinterest and twitter.
I use DPD (Digital Product Delivery) to sell my eBooks and process payments.
I use Squarespace for my site and I change the template quite a bit, but right now I'm using Hayden.
To learn more about building your email list quickly, read my post Zero to 600 in 30 Days: How to grow your email list quickly with content upgrades
For all the details about creating, selling, and promoting your own products read The Ultimate Guide to Creating, Selling, and Marketing Your Own eBooks and Digital Products
And if you need to whip your blog into shape and want to come and hang out with me AND Sarah in the Badass Babes Blog Club and E-Course (yes - I'm in there every week too!) today is the last day to join.