In today's episode we're answering Nancy's question, "Do I really need a blog to have a successful course?"
The short answer is no and we're telling you why, as well as giving you eight alternatives to blogging!
8 Alternatives to Blogging:
- Podcasting - Some people are audio learners and express their ideas better out loud than they do on paper. If you're one of those people start a podcast and reach your audience through regular audio content on your topic.
- Newsletter - Exclusive content only delivered via email. No blog, no website, just great content sent to your inbox.
- Webinars - Doing regular webinars is a great way to connect with your audience and establish your authority on your topic. Webinars are also a great way to build your email list.
- Guest Posting - Linking your guest posts back to your signature pieces of content is a great way to build your list and reputation with the audience your'e guest posting on. It's a great way to drive a bunch of traffic to your funnel immediately before your next launch.
- Live Streaming - Whether it's Periscope, Facebook Live, or another platform this is a great way to connect with your audience in a more realtime manner than blogging. The big difference between this and a webinar is the real time nature of the medium and how that content structure is more casual and spontaneous.
- Instagram - Microblogging platforms are another great way to provide insight into what you're up to and share that aspect of your life with your followers. These short snippets are so much easier to put out daily than a giant blog post every week. The key here again is to bridge that audience back to your email list.
- Medium - A blogging platform that has the social sharing aspect built in. The virality potential of Medium is a great way to get your message out to new aspects of your target audience.
- YouTube - YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world. Don't foresake the potential of YouTube to grow your digital footprint. Just like Podcasting it doesn't have to be perfect for you to get started. The big key is to get your content out there, and iterate from there.
The key to all of these is to have a single incredible piece of signature content - whether it's an ebook, an email course, or a video series, create that memorable piece that everyone will remember you by.
If you want to see the unedited video version of these recordings, head over to thefemshow.com/youtube to see the raw video footage of each episode.
Quotes Worth Sharing!
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the Femtrepreneur Show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. It might seem small, but reviews make a big impact and help us get more amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best strategies and tools for free each week!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag, #thefemshow
- More of a visual person? Want to see what we look like? Every episode of The Fem Show can be found on our YouTube channel! Click here to view those now!
- Have a question you want answered on The Fem Show? Submit your questions for us here!
More from Mariah:
- Build a Profitable Blog
- Your First 1K
- Webinar Rockstar
- F*ck Yeah Funnels
- Launch Your Signature Course