In this episode, we’re chatting with Lauren Hooker of ElleandCompanyDesign.com about balancing freelance work with launching and running courses, what sets her apart from other content creators, and finding the right mindset for hiring new members for your team. We discuss constantly being pressed for time while juggling client work as a freelancer, creating a course, and being present in our day-to-day jobs.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Introducing Lauren Hooker (0:50)
- How Lauren transitioned from the corporate world to running her own business (2:05)
- Building her business and identifying income streams (5:55)
- Why you should cap the enrollment for your first launch (9:40)
- Setting goals for yourself and cultivating the right mindset (14:25)
- How Lauren’s approach to creating, selling, and teaching courses is unique: Live courses, building a community, and running a business without a big team (16:00)
- Validating your ideas and preselling courses (32:55)
- Putting yourself in the driver’s seat: Balancing freelance work and course creation (38:00)
- Challenges and learning curves (46:25)
- Hiring an assistant and growing your team (48:00)
- Lauren’s predictions and goals for the future (53:10)
If you want to see the unedited video version of these recordings, head over to thefemshow.com/youtube to see the raw video footage of each episode.
Quotes Worth Sharing!:
Resources Discussed in this Episode:
Exclusive for The Fem Show listeners, get 30 days of access to Lauren’s library of resources for FREE here
- If you liked this episode, please subscribe to the Femtrepreneur Show on iTunes, and leave a rating and a review. It might seem small, but reviews make a big impact and help us get more amazing guests for you and keep bringing you the best strategies and tools for free each week!
- Join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag, #thefemshow
- More of a visual person? Want to see what we look like? Every episode of The Fem Show can be found on our YouTube channel! Click here to view those now!
- Have a question you want answered on The Fem Show? Submit your questions for us here!